16.2.10

Can Anything Good Come Out of HIP-HOP??

I believe my peers are the most visually gratifying generation yet to be birth in the earth. By this I mean we are both satisfied & captivated by what we see. From your time of birth, up to now, media and hip-hop has had a deep impact on your lyfe, and a great effect on the decisions you make. I mean think about it, we base our fashion trends, and hairstyles based upon what we see the latest rapper or singer rockin'.  We base our education or career goals based off what others in our culture are pursuing. And I include myself in this, because I have been guilty of it plenty of times. Think about it, why are most of our friends trying to be models, or singers, or rappers?? Because it's the current trend!!! Money, fame, and popularity is obviously what everybody is after.
You want to be a trendsetter? You want to be a trailblazer? How about going against what the culture says is cool, or hip! Rather you want to admit it or not the media, and the things around us, have a great impact on what we do, how we treat one another, and how we think about each other, most importantly ourselves. Where did this self-centered, conceited attitude come from in our generation? Who hip'd you to believe you were fly, and the hottest thing walking around? You wake up everyday, turn your swag on. Just to impress people. When deep down inside your struggling. You don't view yourself as beautiful according to God's standard. But, instead, according to the standards of society. You don't think you fit the bill of young, fly, and flashy, so you go out and buy 300 dollar True Religion jeans, and every pair of Creative Rec shoes just to fit in.
I'm trying to get you to see, it ain't got to be this way for you. Forget what everybody else does, forget what image of hip-hop say you ought to portray. Just be you, be comfortable with who you are. Love yourself.

=U
-Tru Religion


I AM

My photo
I'm just a average individual, but my mind is far from average. I thank God for giving me the gift of writing. And I thank Him for giving me this platform to share my gift with the world. With all the crazy things going on in my lyfe, my writing is the only thing that makes me whole.