22.2.10

Can Anything Good come out of Hip-Hop?? (v.2)


Since I'm in the blog business now, I have been perusing other blogs sites, just to get an idea of what I don't want my blog to look like, or be about. And I must say, unsuprisedly, many of the latest blog sites are the same, so much variety, so many topics or themes to choose from. but yet many are all the same. I think God for giving me this idea, and opportunity to share my unique thoughts and views. I'm human like you are, and yes I love shopping, yes I love fashion, yes I want to be rich and famous. But that isn't my purpose for starting this blog.
When we survey the landscape of our society, from the internet to reality tv shows. I feel like there isn't enough realness or substance around today. I believe you can relate to this, nowadays so much gossip and rumors circulating the television or radio till' it seems like you can't distinguish the lies from the truth.
I observed the things that are being said on FB and Twitter, and when I consider everything people are doing on youtube. It seems as if everybody got the same ambition to be a star- music star, tv star, or maybe it's just me. I mean everybody tryna strike it rich, wanting to be popular. It's scary because I know thats not our true purpose for existing.
Material things are fine, money is fine, fame is fine, I want those things too. But if you are looking for fullfillment, satisfaction, or even security from those things. Then you ain't gone get it. You are foolish to believe that lyfe is only about being a star, by making a fool of yourself. It's very scary the kind of stuff people will do for money. Where is your intregrity? Where is your morality? Where is your self-respect? Young girls taking cellphone pictures, completely naked showing ass and titties, sending them across twitter and myspace, but then got the nerves to ask for some respect, are you serious? GET REAL! When you walk around dressed like a hoe, you gone be treated like one.  Don't you know your body is the Lords' temple, where is your self-respect? Young boys these days, filling there heads with Lil Wayne and Jay-Z, calling girls hoes and bitches, looking to smash any girl that walk his way. Where is your self-control? We want our people to be better, but we are allowing Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj to teach them. Isn't it funny we talk about advancing as a people, but we aren't putting in the work, positive work to make it happen. Why is it that our society is driven by sex, and money. What is it about these things that are so appealing to the eye? Why is sex such a popular subject, that people rap about it, and conversate about it, without any real meaning attached to it? Why must we be so degrading, and treat our bodies so badly. And act the way we do, and talk to one another the way we do? Why do we as men measure our masculinity solely upon how many women we screw? Who taught us to think this way?
Many people want to debate about the lyrical content of rap music, but there is no standard!

Change your focus, then you'll have a different perspective about life.

=U
-Tru Religion

I AM

My photo
I'm just a average individual, but my mind is far from average. I thank God for giving me the gift of writing. And I thank Him for giving me this platform to share my gift with the world. With all the crazy things going on in my lyfe, my writing is the only thing that makes me whole.