14.2.10

Give Soulja Boy His Credit



Unlike most writers, I continue to this day to support Soulja boy not because he a rapper, or a maturing lyricist. I support him because dude is really cool, and down-2-earth in person. even though his head is a lil big at times. I actually had the honor to meet him last year in ATL, and dude approached me just as cool, and laid-back, and in that moment my respect for him grew.. Many of us criticize the man for everything because we watched his career grow.. I saw this video today & said to myself..why are these niggas fuckin with Waka Flaka & not Soulja Boy? When I see Soulja Boy, I see somebody who is just as determined, and who's still is just as unique to be recognized as one of our futures most notable MC's.
To me its all ignorance.. Soulja Boy is arguably very underrated in this game for his lyrical contents & flow.. but again we praise bullshit rappers all the time that don't display an original talent (young money) or obvious humility at all..
I'm just sayin... be real, If Soulja Boy just came in the game grown the way he is now & we never knew him before.. Half of us would be fuckin with em cause he sound better than most..The problem with rappers who come in the game young such as bow wow, or soulja boy is we remember them for who they were as teenagers, and fail to recognize them for who they're growing to be.
=U
-Tru Religion

I AM

My photo
I'm just a average individual, but my mind is far from average. I thank God for giving me the gift of writing. And I thank Him for giving me this platform to share my gift with the world. With all the crazy things going on in my lyfe, my writing is the only thing that makes me whole.